I don’t write about fashion or makeup but just thought I’d do a post just for fun! Now, I’m not really into fashion, I have never bought a fashion magazine in my entire life and I certainly don’t know my Diane von Furtenbergs from my Roberto Cavallis. As for beauty products, I only used make-up because I grew very self-conscious about my eyelids while I was in college. Contrary to the typical Asian single-eyelid dilemma, I have multiple eyelids.
You get the point, I’m not really into this fashion / beauty stuff. I don’t know how to take full-boded self-shots (as you shall see from my awkward outfit shot later). I don’t consider myself to be trendy but I think I have my own distinct style and I try to dress appropriately for my body type. (Sorry, but I’m no size 0 and I’m also fairly short.)
Anyway, here goes my fashion / beauty entry. 😀
I’m usually practical shopper. My wardrobe is neatly divided into a ratio of 5 work clothes : 2 casual clothes. But occasionally, I do fall into temptation and buy stuff I don’t know when or where I can wear it to — and this outfit is definitely one of them! It’s probably good for parties or clubbing, neither which I do much of, since I’ve overdosed on that as a teenager. I really, really like this outfit though so I’m gonna have to find an occasion to wear it.
- Sheer Mesh Yoke Dress from Forever 21, Spring/Summer 2010 collection
- Short Knitted Cardigan from Promod, Fall/Winter 2010 collection
- Booties from cotton.amour, a boutique at Orchard Central, Singapore. They order their stuff from Hong Kong and bring in very few pieces of anything. I had to book these a week in advance to get them.
The (Incomplete) Makeup
After I took the photo I realized I forgot to do my lips since I usually don’t. (Beauty blogger fail!) This eye make-up is quite a bit heavier than what I normally wear, but beauty bloggers and makeup artists would probably beg to differ. I used 3 shades of eyeshadow, a pencil eyeliner and a bit of mascara to get the eye effect. I have naturally thick eyebrows so I’ve never done anything to my brows before.
I also tried to contour my nose. I have the unfortunate ugly, round, flat Asian nose. I used some bronzer and highlighter to make it look sharper.
The Makeup Products
- Sunscreen: Biotherm UV Supra D-Tox
- Primer: Chanel Base Lumiere
- Mascara: Marjolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus
- Foundation: Etude Precious Mineral BB Compact
- Bronzer: Sephora Bronze Powder (S10 Carribean)
- Blush: Smashbox Soft Lights (Tint)
- Highlighter: Chanel Irreelle Blush (23 Satellite)
- Light Shimmer Eyeshadow: Etude Petit Darling Eyes (BR301)
- Medium Shimmer Eyeshadow: iNuovi Colours D27 (06524 Mod)
- Dark Matte Eyeshadow: Smashbox Shadowbox Palette (Dark Brown)
- Eyeliner: Maybelline Unstoppable Smudge Proof (Dark Brown)
The Make-up Technique…
…not! I’m way too lazy and unskilled to show you a step-by-step so I’ll just leave that kinda stuff to the pros like Michelle Phan. So this brings us to the end of my foray into fashion and beauty blogging. Hah! 😀
Dear Readers, what kind of shopper are you? What style do you think you have? Are you a make-up person? Why or why not?