WebHostingBuzz is currently hosting my portfolio at IvyTan.Net.
- Price – Very cheap! I pay 2.25$ per month for the now-defunct Bronze Plan. I get 5GB Space, 100GB Transfer & Unlimited Databases, Sub-Domains, FTP Accounts, Email Addresses.
- Speed – Very fast.
- Start-Up – Wasn’t immediate; it took a few hours. I had to email them for my account information.
- Support – They have a forum, ticket service, facebook group and live chat. The email I sent them was replied to within 2 hours. That’s pretty good considering the price.
- Uptime – I’m hosted on the Alpha server and I haven’t had any downtime since December 2006. They post their monthly uptime on their company blog, as well as the forums.
- Watch Out!– From the looks of other reviews, Webhostingbuzz has a habit of suspending sites for overloading servers even when their bandwidth is only a small portion of what was paid for. Furthermore, their Terms of Service says that most of your site must be link to a publicly available page. This means that you cannot use your domain as a storage facility.
- For Who? – A great low-cost solution for small business owners and bloggers with low traffic, who don’t run the risk of exceeding server usage.